YAI was approached by the Johnson County Parks & Recreation District to design a simple restroom structure in Heritage Park that could be used year round. Because of its location, off grid was chosen for energy design. This simple restroom becomes an off-grid, cost-efficient, energy-efficient, green building by utilizing the following:
- Photovoltaic source of electrical power
- In-slab radiant heat with rooftop solar vacuum heating tubes
- Passive solar heating by the use of trombe wall
- Indirect lighting through the use of clerestory windows
- Durable CFMU insulated masonry wall construction
- Structurally Insulated Roof Panels.